Wednesday, December 12, 2012

DIY Lampshade and Christmas Vignette

It always seems like when I start decking the halls for Christmas, I do more than just Christmas decorating, I sure hope, I have some company here. When I started clearing off the Fall decor from this sideboard, the lampshade that I had in there, just wasn't doing it, if you know what I mean. So, what's a gal, suppose to do? Well now, any DIY gal, might just pull out some burlap and glue, and a new lampshade is born in 15 minutes.  With that being said, this vignette in my foyer, was ready to welcome guests to our home.
                                           Blessings,
                                             Linda

                                  Come on in y'all...it's
                                    Christmas here at
                                     Coastal Charm!!

                              This vintage sideboard will be
                                getting a makeover after the
                                             holidays.



                                Still lovin' my Ballards wreath.

                                   A close-up look.

                             Here I have my DIY burlap
                                       lampshade.

                          I'm really digging this new look in there.

Linking up here...
Southern Hospitality Christmas Vignette Party
Tuesday's Treasures
Treasure Hunt Thursday
Open House Party
12 Days of Christmas
Vintage Inspiration
Feathered Nest Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Thrifty Things Friday
Inspiration Friday
Countdown To Winter Party 1.
Pin It

29 comments:

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Lovely vignette! Lampshade looks great too!

{northern cottage} said...

darling displays....i'm smitten with that burlap shade - beautiful!

Cynthia said...

I love this vignette and the wreath is darling. Love the lampshade.

Cynthia

Mary Anne said...

Love the lamp shade Linda! Everything looks beautiful. Can't wait to see what you do with the sideboard.

Marie said...

Love burlap all year but with Christmas it's even better,


Marie @
Lemondrop ViNtAge

I am having a fabulous holiday giveaway right here.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

LOVE LOVE this vignette Linda and I love your lampshades new look too! So pretty!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Wonderful vignette! Love your burlap shade!

Gail said...

Love your Christmas vignette Linda and LOVE that lampshade. Enjoy your evening, Gail

Heather said...

I adore the burlap lampshade.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love this vignette, Linda, and the burlap on the lampshade works in perfectly! Great wreath, too!

Unknown said...

Very pretty, Linda. I love the burlap on the lampshade. I would try that with my living room dresser lamp but I don't know if it would look as good as my shade has a scalloped bottom.

Anne said...

Beautiful Linda!I'm loving that burlap lamp shade!Your Christmas decor looks so pretty too!
xx
Anne

The Tuscan Home said...

Gorgeous vignette and I love the lamp shade, I may have to try this! xo ~Liz

Susan said...

I love the vignette. The lamp shade is gorgeous!

Maureen Wyatt said...

That lampshade is working for me! Who'd have thought we'd be having this much fun with plain, old burlap.

Becky said...

Love the lampshade makeover! Did you just wrap the burlap strips??

- Becky @ CupHalfFull
http://cuphalffull-sf.blogspot.com/

Sherri said...

Love the new lampshade with the burlap! The whole vignette looks very festive!

Sandy said...

So you took off the old fabric and simply wrapped the burlap around top to bottom.. what a neat idea.. I love it! Your decorations are special also...:) Can't wait to see what
you do with the nice vintage sideboard.
Happy Holidays
Sandy

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

I love wreaths on mirrors and yours is beautiful. Great job on the burlap shade.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie said...

Love your lamp shade transformation! What color are you going to paint your sideboard?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Olive said...

Linda, your vignette is beautiful. Love your shade. Wishing you a Happy Christmas. Olive

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

The lampshade is so wonderful, and I also love the holly wreath and how you hung it.

Come over to Fairhope soon for coffee!

Emily said...

Looks wonderful! Love all the burlap and the wreath is very cute as well!

Diann said...

Well, I'm digging it too Linda! That burlap shade looks wonderful and it ties in the whole "natural" Christmas decor nicely! Thank you for sharing at TTF. I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi, Linda! I adore that burlap shade. What a great idea! May have to steal that one. And I like how you've used the red woven striped ribbon as well. Love that look. Merry Christmas!

Debbiedoos said...

That looks gorgeous Linda. I love the lampshade.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails