Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday No.165

Hope all of y'all are having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend with your family and friends. Mine has been wonderful here on the Alabama gulf coast. One thing that is so wonderful about living here, is our GREAT SEAFOOD!!! I spent some time at our beach condo on Saturday and it was one beautiful sunny day. On the way back to our house, we decided to get some fresh shrimp (yes...right off the boat FRESH). When you get the chance to buy it right off the boat, you get a super duper deal on the price. Now, I would share with y'all how much I paid, but I don't want anybody mad at me:) Our plan for some of this shrimp was to have a good ole shrimp boil, yes, a shrimp boil for three. So, this week I am sharing our NIFTY THRIFTY SHRIMP BOIL with y'all. Thanks for coming by and joining in on my party.
                                                  Blessings,
                                                     Linda


                                       

                           This is were we purchased our fresh shrimp
                               right off the boat...it can't get any better
                                                  than this.

                                    Gulf Fresh Seafood!!!!






                                         

                        

                                              YUM YUM!!!!

                                

                                 Here you see the two who did all
                                 the cooking (while I was watering
                               all my plants...hey they were thirsty).

Pin It

Party Guidelines
1. Please have a separate link to this party in your post (not a mass link page) or add my party button (you can find it under my header) to the post. If there is not a separate link, you will not be featured and/or could be deleted. I am hopefully bringing you traffic and I would appreciate the same.
2. Please don't link the same thing you linked last week. Only new links
 (no more than one week old).
3. Please be a follower of this blog through GFC or Linky Followers.
4. Would love to have you follow me on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST.
5. Please no more than three links per person.
 
Linking up here...
MET Monday
Amaze Me Monday
The Scoop
Tuesdays Treasures

47 comments:

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

It looks delicious Linda!

Happy Memorial Day. Thanks for hosting!

Pam

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Thanks so much for hosting every week! That looks so good, I love shrimp!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love shrimp, Linda. It must have tasted great fresh off the boat! Enjoy the rest of your weekend and thanks for hosting.

Debra@CommonGround said...

looks like a great way to spend the weekend! just linked up, thanks for hosting, Linda!

Vel Criste said...

Looks sooo yummy!!!! Must try doing something like this! Thank you for hosting Linda !!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys are having a great time!! Happy Memorial Day!!

Unknown said...

Looks great!!!
Thanks so much for hosting
XOX

stefanie said...

looks like fun!!!!!!!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Linda,
I'm heading right over so save me a plate!! LOL!!

Thanks so much for hosting!!

Enjoy the rest of your Holiday!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

I thought I smelled something fabulous coming from your house!

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

What a feast! Thanks for hosting.
Denise

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Hi Linda, I hope you have a meaningful Memorial Day. Thanks so much for hosting the party even on a holiday!
Liz

FABBY'S LIVING said...

You had great helpers, Linda and they sure did a great job; the shrimp looks yummyyyyy...thank you for hosting and Happy Memorial Day.
FABBY

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Could the food be any fresher - it looks so wonderful. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for hosting.
Joy

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

Linda your shrimp boil looks fabulous! Last summer our vacation was to South Carolina Georgia and Florida. While in S.C. my dear friend prepared a shrimp boil and I fell in love with the whole one pot cooking idea. Our entire family ate tones of it til there was nothing left. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Memorial Day. Enjoy!!!
XO Barbara

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

My mouth is literally watering!! A beautiful day, excellent feast, and someone else cooking -- doesn't get any better, right?

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting each week, Linda. Being land locked and not much of a seafood eater, I have only tried shrimp a few times. Yours looks delicious though.

Anonymous said...

Linda, this looks so yummy! I'm on my way there later this week. Thank you for hosting another great link party! I already see many amazing links! Happy Memorial Day!

Lisa said...

OMGosh that plate looks delish! Thanks for hosting the link up. I'm a new follower too :)

Christine at Little Brags said...

Linda thanks for hosting again!

The Charm of Home said...

Thank you for hosting Linda! Have a nice Memorial Day!
Sherry

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady. All your food looks yummy.
Thanks so much for having your linky party for this Memorial Day. I am hoping you and your family are having a wonderful day.
XXOO Diane

Donna Wilkes said...

I can smell the shrimp boil from here! Yum! Thank you for hosting.

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

I've never enjoyed a shrimp boil, but yours looks amazing. I think I need a napkin just viewing it! LOL!
Happy Memorial Day!

cindy said...

Love me some shrimp!!! Thanks for hosting :)

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Thanks for hosting! The food looks delish! Have a happy week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Christy James said...

What a feast!!! And you didn't have to cook, too? Thanks for the party, Linda! Looks like you had a great day:)

Unknown said...

Your shrimp boil looks amazing! Thanks for hosting again and Happy Memorial Day. Blessings, Patti

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love the features, Linda! Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

I love a good low county boil...and that shrimp!! So jealous of the freshness. Happy Memorial Day!

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Yum, yum, and more yum. One of my fave things to do. Thanks for hosting. xxoo

Unknown said...

Looks yummy! We have friends who fix this combination of foods while camping. It's a tradition!!

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

This looks wonderfully fresh. This is how we should be eating everyday. Thanks so much for hosting, and letting me join in.

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

Thanks so much for hosting!
Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

deb said...

Yuuuummmooo!!! Lucky you! ♥♥
*hugs*deb

Unknown said...

We love a shrimp boil and do one every summer when we go to the beach. Thanks for sharing the inspiration and the link party. Love to participate.

Jeannie and Linda said...

Linda, I so love a boil! Yours looks delicious! Thanks for hosting the party each week! What would we do without the parties!
Have a great week!.

Peace,
Linda and Jeannie at The French Hens Nest

Artsy VaVa said...

My mouth is watering!!! When we are in Orange Beach, we love to get steamed shrimp from Lartigue's...so delicious! It's time for a beach trip!!! Thanks for hosting. Have a great week.

Trisha said...

Yum! One of these days I will enjoy a real boil like that I know I will love it! Thanks for hosting!

~Trisha

Tina said...

Yum! That looks good.
Thank you for hosting.
Have a happy day!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for hosting this great party. Please stop by and join us on our Tuesday Brag About It Party.
~~ Thanks, Sharon & Denise

Faye said...

Oh Yum! Shrimp is one of my favorites and I have tasted it right off the boat and it is the best! Thanks for hosting.

Uniquely Undone said...

So glad I found your blog! I'm your newest follower!!

Thanks for hosting!

Kate @ Uniquely Undone
uniquelyundone.blogspot.com

Sumaya at Evocative Vintage said...

Oooh, what lovely food...yum...yum.

Thanks for hosting!

Blessings
Sumaya

Katie - Something to be Found said...

Hi there!! It's been a while since I linked up -- so glad to be back :)

Where did you get your cute string bulb lights? I want my whole yard covered in those :)

Katie

The Fancy Shack said...

Thank you for hosting Linda! Ohhh that fresh seafood looks so good! We are considering moving out of state in the next couple years,Spanish Fort, Daphne, and Foley, AL are all towns I have looked at considering as we long to live closer to the sea. I would love to hear your input on those areas, we are hoping to make a trip to Gulf Shores and to visit those towns some time next year. Have a great week!

Kimberlee @ The Fancy Shack

Treat and Trick said...

Looks so yum! Thanks for the party and have a beautiful week..

Related Posts with Thumbnails